jeudi 3 mars 2016

Sprocket puller.


I am still working on this. The 50$ US price of a real one has me searching for a cheap alternative. I am trying to be able to use my standard claw puller with and adaptor.

This is my first attempt, it worked on the sprocket of an Ital Sis, but on a Rotax sprocket that was really stuck the mild steel plate just bent.



 Next I tried this bearing puller... but the bevel on the puller only contacts the ends of the teeth and so all I got was a second broken tooth on the sprocket. I would have been upset if there had not been one tooth missing already.


My latest attempt is made from square tubing 1 1/2 inch square tubing, 1/8 of an inch thick. In the third picture you can see how it fits over the sprocket and how the claw puller is installed. This one seems to work, but I have still not been able to get the sprocket off the Rotax. Despite applying a lot of pressure the sprocket hasn't moved, but at least no more teeth broke off and the puller has not bent.
I am going to try heating the sprocket while the puller is pulling on it...







Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire